Thursday, January 24, 2008

Tax Rebate???


The President has decided to give us a boost with a tax rebate (see full story). A person could get at least $300 just for being alive. Couples are expected to get $1200 if they made under $100,000 last year. Over 16 million people in the US will benefit from this boost. Yay for us...time for a block party!

Now, I love to get money as a gift for Christmas, birthday, etc. But I am always weary of when people want to just hand over that kind of cash. Where did all of this money come from? I thought the US was in a lot of debt. Is this charity going to further decrease the value of the US dollar? One thing I am learning is that when it comes to government, you never get something for nothing. Someone somewhere somehow has to pay. Which country is handing out the allowance checks?

We don't even have the money and people are already trying to tell us how to spend it. Personally, I have no idea what I am going to do with the money. Most likely, I am going to pay off my medical bills since we do not receive universal health care (which would have prevented us from having medical bills in the first place). Wouldn't having universal health care be a nice, more effective boost? At least these rebate checks can help pay for a couple months of health insurance or gas for your car.

I know I am being negative, but something does not seem right about all of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment