Friday, August 19, 2016

Low-Carb Orange Julius Recipe

low carb orange julius

It was a hot day. I really wanted to drink something cool, like a milkshake, but everything is so high-carb. After a bit of tinkering in the kitchen and remembering a happy accident that involved  pouring a drink mix into the wrong cup (the one with my morning protein shake), I came up with this low-carb drink recipe. I think it tastes similar to an Orange Julius.
I used a mason jar because I can screw the bottom of the blender, the part with the blade, to jar's mouth.

Ingredients:
  • 4-cup mason jar filled half-way with crushed ice
  • 1 scoop protein powder (I use the bulk whey protein powder from Winco)
  • 1/2 packet orange Crystal Light
  • Unsweetened vanilla almond milk, fill to the 4-cup line of the mason jar (I use the Costco brand)
  • Sweetener to taste
Preparation:
  1. Place all the ingredients in a 4-cup mason jar.
  2. Screw the bottom of the blender -- the O-ring, blade and bottom cap -- onto the top of the mason jar.
  3. Blend until smooth.
  4. Enjoy! 
I don't have nutritional information for this recipe. Sorry. The carb count depends on the almond milk and protein powder you use, as the other ingredients have zero carbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment