Friday, May 6, 2011

Hand cramps, be gone with the Ergonomic pen - UGLee Pen

I have flexible joints in my hand, which causes hand fatigue. Often, I even bend the first joint of my forefinger backwards as I write. After a while, this joint begins to ache. Consequently, I usually have to make a conscious effort to practice good hand-posture as I write so I do not bend my fingers in crazy ways. This is where the UGLee Pen comes into play. 

Created after eight years of hard work, Dr. James Lee designed the UGLee pen to maximize writing comfort and eliminate pain as you write. Dr. Lee states, “Many people have to grip the writing utensil too hard in order to be able to write, causing pain, discomfort, and even injury. My pen grips You - allowing for a completely relaxed writing experience - a true ergonomic pen.”

Dr. Lee sent me a couple of his comfort pens to try just in time for my trip to Europe. Whenever I travel somewhere new, I create a very informal scrapbook in a drawing journal where I cut and paste pictures from pamphlets and glue-in ticket stubs, brochures and so on. On the blank pages and margins, I write notes about experiences, food I ate at restaurants and tidbits I want to remember for my next trip to the same destination. Needless to say, I did a lot of writing on my recent trip to Holland and Belgium, and the UGLee Pen saved my hand from unnecessary stress. 

The UGLee Pen forces my hand to place my fingers around the writing device correctly, preventing my forefinger from bending backwards. The grip around the bottom of the pen is super soft and comfortable. The pen has a medium-sized tip and black ink that is nice and dark. (The UGLee Pen also comes with blue and red ink.) The only problem I had with one of the pens is that the ink seemed to build-up at the tip a bit as I wrote (because of gravity?). However, the other pen I received did not do this. 

If you have to write a lot for work (i.e. social workers), avidly write in a journal, are a student or find that thicker pens are more comfortable for your hand, I enthusiastically recommend the UGLee Pen if you can afford it. On the UGLee Pen site, a pack of three pens costs $19.99. At this price, I am not sure if I would have been curious enough to purchase the pen personally. However, you could consider it a good investment for the health of your hands.


I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com created by WebBizIdeas a Minneapolis SEO and Web Design firm. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commissions 16 CFR, Part 255 Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising. Tomoson Product review & giveaway Disclosure.

1 comment:

  1. A great idea and a great investment .... even in this computer age ... nothing will replace the love and heart of a handwritten note .... I'll start saving my pennies now.

    ReplyDelete