Friday, May 6, 2011

Some of the harder things in life

Tying a tie is one of them. Granted, I’ve never personally had the need to knot a tie for myself, but sometimes I help my husband with this task and end up making a weak knot with which he has to settle (he is not much better than me). So, I was intrigued when I heard about the Perfect Knot, which helps you make the “perfect Double Windsor knot.”

The Perfect Knot kit, created by Franco Biancamano, is a valet box that comes with Perfect Knot clips and matching collar stays in three different sizes. While the clips and collar stays look like they are made of polished steel, they are plastic (like sheriff badges kids use). To use the Perfect Knot, you select a clip size according to the width of your tie (small, medium or large), knot the tie in the traditional fashion around the clip and leave the clip in place. The clip is easy enough to use and does not show under the tie knots if you use the correct size. The valet kit also comes with an easy-to-follow instructional video. 

The Verdict
The Perfect Knot is a good product that works well, but it is overpriced. You can buy the valet kit on The Perfect Knot website for $29.50 (not including shipping). If the clips were made of stainless steel or any other durable metal, I would say it was a good price. Anyhow, this product is a good gift idea for Father’s Day, recent grads and mothers who have boys. Catering companies and restaurants who require female staff to wear ties could also benefit from this product.  
Learn more about The Perfect Knot on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and at theperfectknot.com

How tying a tie appears to me

How you are supposed to knot a tie

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com created by WebBizIdeas a Minneapolis SEO and Web Design firm. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commissions 16 CFR, Part 255 Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising. Tomoson Product review & giveaway Disclosure.

No comments:

Post a Comment