Monday, June 16, 2014

Painting Your Nails without a Mess

Disclosure: I got this product as part of an advertorial.

I love to paint my nails and have hundreds of ideas that I want to try on my Pinterest board, so I was eager to try Nail Cones. 

Nail Cones are a product that remind me of the stickers that manicurists use to create acrylic nails. Instead of using them to sculpt nails, the purpose of Nail Comes is to keep the area around your fingers clean when you paint your nails. With this in mind, I chose one of the messiest nail art designs that I could think of -- marble nail art.  

How to Do Marble Nail Polish

    1. Paint your nails a light color, like white.
    2. Allow the nail polish to dry.
    3. Fill a small disposable cup with water. 
    4. Drip a couple drops of your favorite nail polish colors into the water. 
    5. Quickly make a swirl pattern with a toothpick.
    6. Dip your finger tip into the water and allow the polish to adhere to your nail. (Your skin will also get polish on it.) 
    7. If there is enough polish in the cup, dip a different finger into the water. If not, use a toothpick to remove the excess polish.
    8. Let the nail polish completely dry. 
    9. Apply a clear top coat.

    Using Nail Cones

    Since I have long nails, using the Nail Cones on my finger tips wasn't practical. Plus, the stickers didn't fit around the bottom edges of my nails well because they were too big. Instead, I put the stickers on backwards so they cover the skin at the top of my nails, which is where I tend to paint "outside the lines."

    I found that the two larger sticker sizes were too big for most of my nails, but they were better than nothing for my marble nail polish endeavor.

    As I waited for the polish on my nails to dry, I realized that if I had worn the stickers at the tips of my nails, I wouldn't have been able to do anything, like read a magazine, use my phone or change the channel on the TV. 

    This is what my nails looked like after doing the marble polish technique. 

    Nail Cones kept my fingers clean.
     
    After the polish dried, I carefully removed the Nail Cone stickers and touched up the areas that the stickers didn't cover with nail polish remover. 

    I don't feel as if the Nail Cones are practical when painting my own nails, except when I plan to do a really messy project. I do think they would come in handy if I painted someone else's nails because I never seem to do a clean job. 

    Check out the Nail Cones website.

    I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment